The Romanian-American University is a higher education institution, a legal person of private law and public utility, part of the national system of education, founded in 1991, accredited by law in 2002, receiving the qualification "High confidence rating" from ARACIS in 2010, whose mission is to offer high quality education and research, in an intellectually stimulating environment both for students and for the teaching staff.
The Romanian-American University was founded in1991 whose mission is to promote the educational values of the American academic education given the rich traditions of the Romanian education. The initiative of the establishment of the Romanian-American University belonged to the late Prof. Ion Smedescu, Ph.D., founder of the Romanian-American University and president of the Romanian-American Foundation for the Promotion of Education and Culture.
The Romanian-American University is an independent institution without being affiliated or sponsored by American University.
For the accomplishment of this objective, the starting point was the in the United States of America, the academic education is supported by the general model of behavior of the American society, based on the efficient organization of activity, tenacious sense of duty, cultivation of labor, self-respect and respect for others, fair competition throughout one's entire life, competition with the others and, mostly, with oneself.
For EU/EEA nationals: 2,200 EUR/year (scholarships available)
For non-EU/EEA nationals: 2,900 EUR/year (scholarships available)
For EU/EEA nationals: 2,400 EUR/year (scholarships available)
For non-EU/EEA nationals: 3,100 EUR/year (scholarships available)
100% of tuition fees is payable in advance after you receive the Letter of Acceptance in order for you to obtain the study visa. Please see Visa Application for more details. Romanian students should pay the fee in Romanian Lei (RON) at the official National Bank rate on the date of transaction.
- 100% refund of the Tuition Fee for one year is due if visa was not obtained by the student (this information will be directly verifiable with the Romanian local Embassy or Consulate via official letter of visa rejection) - applicable only to non-EU/EEA nationals.
- NO refund will be awarded in case the student fails to enroll for any other reasons than above.
- Refunds will be processed within one month since the official documentation has been submitted to prove the validy of the refund.
- Bank commissions and fees on all payments and refunds will be born by the student.
During your stay in Romania you will incur other average total costs of around 350 - 450 EUR/month. These are estimated below for the average student life:
- Accommodation: 100 - 250 EUR/month
- Meals: 100 - 200 EUR/month
- Recreational activities: 100 EUR/month
- Public Transportation: 15 EUR/month
- Books and School supplies: 300-500 EUR/year
The on-campus dormitory is modern and purpose-built. The main advantage is that the building is directly connected to the academic building. The dormitory offers 150 clean and modern self-contained study-bedrooms that can host between 2 to 4 undergraduate and postgraduate students. In each room Internet connections are available and on each floor there is a lounge area with a TV.
Accommodation standards are very good. Our pricing structure is simple and organized, the fees per student are:
- Accommodation - 90-120 EUR/month
- Internet connection - 17 EUR/month (fast broadband cable connection)
- Accommodation refundable deposit - 100 EUR
Whether a first-year or continuing student, you can choose between University-owned or arranged accommodation.
Overseas students are asked to keep in mind that accommodation standards may vary from that of their own country.
Only single-sex flat occupancies are available.